Hello from the Buchanan District Library
By Meg Paulette, Director, Buchanan District Library
Looking for something new to read? Check out what your friends and neighbors are reading with this short list of some of last month’s most circulated books.
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Walk the Wire by David Baldacci
- Once Upon a Time, There Was You: a Novel by Elizabeth Berg
- The Boy from the Woods by Harlan Coban
- Fair Warning by Michael Connelly
- Half Moon Bay: A Novel by Alice LaPlante
Adult Romance Novels:
- Moral Compass by Danielle Steel
- A Walk Along the Beach: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- Fearless by Fern Michaels
- The Boy, the Fox, the Mole, and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
- The Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way
- The Baby Sitters Club by various authors
- Dog Man by Dav Pilkey
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
We have received many new series so stop by and check them out!
- The Good Egg by Jory John
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Dewalt
- The Bad Seed by Jory John
Mo Willems Books are always popular have their own display between Elephant and Piggy Bookends!
Join us for another Blood Drive on Friday, April 9, from 1:00–6:00pm, with the South Bend Medical Foundation! The blood mobile will be set-up in our parking lot. To register please visit www.givebloodnow.com.
On Tuesday, April 20, join us for Beginning Genealogy: Effective Strategies & Tools with Judy Nimer Muhn. If you are interested in developing your family tree, Judy will show you fundamental tips and effective, time-tested ways to keep you on track and getting results!
Judy has been researching her family tree from the age of 12, specializing in French-Canadian, Acadian, Native American and Michigan research. Beginning as a professional genealogist in Europe in 1993, she has lectured at the National Genealogical Society’s conferences in 1998 and 2000, as well as conferences in Europe and around the United States. She is currently writing a book of the matri-lineal descent of her oldest female ancestor in Normandy, France. Traveling extensively around the world, Judy has visited and researched in the villages and archives of Germany, France, Quebec, and Ontario where her or her husband’s family lived.
This event will take place via Zoom.
Visit www.buchananlibrary.com for more information and to register.
Thank you for being part of the Buchanan District Library!