Hello from the Buchanan District Library
By Meg Paulette, Director, Buchanan District Library
Looking for something new to read? Check out what your friends are reading with this short list of our patron’s favorite books:
- A Minute to Midnight by David Baldacci (Comes in Large Print)
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins (Comes in Large Print)
- A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz: A Novel by Heather Morris (Comes in Large Print)
- Lost by James Patterson (Comes in Large Print)
- Hideaway by Nora Roberts (Comes in Large Print)
- The Night Fire by Michael Connelly
Adult Romance Novels:
- Spy by Danielle Steele (Comes in Large Print)
- Davey’s Daughter by Linda Byler
- Naomi’s Hope by Jan Drexler
New books are plentiful in the Children’s Area and Juvenile Fiction and Series section so take some time to visit those areas and pick up a book to your liking!
Have you ever wanted to start researching your family history? On April 20th, Tuesday at 7:00pm, we have the pleasure of hosting Judy Nimer Muhn on a ZOOM presentation on Beginning Genealogy: Effective Strategies & Tools. Judy will show you fundamental tips and effective, time-tested ways to keep you on track and getting results! Sign-up at www.buchananlibrary.org.
StoryWalk on the Preserves: Join Chikaming Open Lands and local libraries for a StoryWalk on the Preserves! We are excited to partner with Bridgman Public Library, Buchanan District Library, New Buffalo Township Library, and Three Oaks Township Library to bring fun-filled family friendly story books at four COL preserves starting Sunday, March 21st to Monday, June 21st!
Go to one (or all!) of the following preserves for a fun family story to enjoy sponsored by a different local library:
- Burns Prairie Preserve
- Jens Jensen Preserve
- Robinson Woods Preserve
- Turtle Creek Preserve
Look for our BDL StoryWalk around the Common to return May 1st, the day the Buchanan Farmer’s Market opens!
Be sure to check out our website or Facebook page for more events and news! If you’d like to sign-up for our monthly online newsletter please email Sarah at email@example.com.
Thank you for being part of the Buchanan District Library!