Buchanan Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Ceremony
by Jill McDonald
On June 23rd, the Buchanan Area Chamber of Commerce held their Annual Awards Ceremony outdoors at Buchanan Common. Together with Buchanan Community Schools, fourteen individuals and businesses were honored who’ve demonstrated commitment to the Buchanan community.
Typically this celebration has been an indoor dinner banquet. However, the event was cancelled last year due to Covid-19. This year’s event honored both 2019 and 2020 award recipients. Light refreshments followed.
The Buchanan Chronicle team would like to congratulate the recipients and thank you for helping to make our community great!
The recipients are as follows:
- 2019 BACC Awards
- Volunteer of the Year: Wendy Murphy
- Business of the Year: Lehman’s Farmhouse
- Lifetime Achievement: Marvin Pruett
- 2019 BSC Hall of Fame
- James Busby
- Michael Young
- Jack Walkden
- 2020 BACC Awards
- Volunteer of the Year: Richard Martin
- Business of the Year: River St. Joe
- Organization of the Year: Michigan Gateway Foundation
- Young Professional: Brian Pruett
- Lifetime Achievement: Peter Lysy
- 2020 BSC Hall of Fame Presented by BHS
- 1985 Baseball Team
- Lloyd Miller
- James Jesse
About Buchanan Area Chamber of Commerce: The BACC provides leadership in promoting the spirit of community through increased communication and cooperation within businesses, organizations, and individuals, in order to enhance growth, prosperity and the quality of life in the Buchanan area.