Agenda from Buchanan Community Schools Board of Education
Please note that the Board of Education Meeting Agenda is posted below. At the end of the agenda, click on the link to take you to more detailed minutes of the meeting. Also, the meeting minutes will not be published in each issue of The Buchanan Chronicle, but instead as they are available.
Members of the public may contact members of the school board to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the board. These items will also be shared with the Superintendent.
Buchanan High School Auditorium 401 W. Chicago Street Buchanan, MI 49107
09/20/2021 6:00 PM Watch the live stream: https://youtu.be/k5Pfw8_RLgI
I. Call to Order
- President Dr. Harvey Burnett will open the meeting at 6:00pm.
- We welcome you to a meeting of the Buchanan Community Schools Board of Education.
- All regular meetings have been posted on our district website, in our central office, and in each district school building. Tonight’s agenda has been posted on our website and emailed out to the BCS Board of Education Community Subscription. Our school board members receive the agenda and all supporting documents for reports and action items several days prior to this scheduled meeting, so they can review information, prepare questions or comments, and are ready to participate fully in the discussions and votes that encompass the duties of their office.
- This meeting is a meeting of the Board of Education in public for the purpose of conducting the school district’s business and is not to be considered a public community meeting.
- Thank you for your support of Buchanan Community Schools!
II. Roll Call
III. Adoption of Agenda
IV. Recognition of Visitors
V. Superintendent/Department Reports
- Buck Staff Appreciation September Winner:
- Sarah Blair, Administrative Assistant to Transportation, Operations & Food Service
- Buck Staff Appreciation September Nominees:
- Anthony DeOrnellas, BHS Teacher
- Chad VanBeek, BCS Maintenance
- Judy Heckathorn, BCS Food Service
VI. Information/Reports & New Business
VII. Community Dialogue/Citizens’ Concerns
VIII. Adoption of Consent Agenda Items
VIX. Recommended Action – Other
- CTE MMC Credit Approval
- Student Handbook Update
- NEOLA First Reading
XXIV. Questions & Comments From Board Members
XXV. Next Board Meeting:
- Monday, October 18th at 6pm
You may view the completed September 20, 2021 Board of Education Meeting Minutes on the Buchanan Community Schools website here.