by Garrick Stubblefield
Hi all, my name is Garrick Stubblefield and I live here in Buchanan. I joined the military right out of school. Recently, I was asked to join The Buchanan Chronicle by sports writer Nik Sanchez. I will be doing an array of, not only puzzles, but I will be doing sports and other articles. My objective is doing puzzles for your entertainment. Bear in mind that these puzzles have come from my head and not from any ol’ newspaper, magazine, or book. I hope you love them and give me feedback as they come out.
PUZZLE 1 – REDUCING A LETTER
- Puzzle Instructions:
- You’ll be given a 3, 4, 5, or 6 letter word.
- The object of the puzzle is to remove one letter each step, making a new word each time.
- After a letter is removed you cannot reuse it.
- Abbreviations do count. As in the English dictionary, there are 2 letter words that count, such as PI, AR, KA, KI, ER; however acronyms do not count.
- You may rearrange the letters each step to create your new word.
- THIS ISSUE Puzzles:
- 6 Letter –
- 5 Letter –
- 4 Letter –
- 3 Letter –
As this puzzle could have many answers, you can email your possible answers to Garrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will check and respond as quickly as he can.
PUZZLE 2 – KNOWING YOUR STATES AND CAPITALS
Riddles below are clues to State names and State Capital names.
- These two States share the word MONT.
- These two States each have only ONE consonant in their name.
- These Capitals are famous for CAR RACES.
- This Capital may have been explored by THIS famous explorer.
PUZZLE 3 – FINDING A WORD WITHIN A WORD
- Search the given word to find a new word for each clue below.
- Nothing inside of an object, its ______.
- Not HIGH but ___.
- Something complete is _____.
- A person has something, they ___ it.
- A golfer has to put the ball in the ____.
PUZZLE 4 – CRACK THE CODE
- Beginning with a given three digit number, you will follow along each step and end with a different three digit number as your answer.
- FLIP ALL NUMBERS UPSIDE DOWN;
- TAKE THIRD DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 2;
- TAKE FIRST DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 4;
- TAKE THE TWO EVEN NUMBERS, ADD THEM, AND MAKE THAT THE MIDDLE DIGIT;
- WHAT IS THE FINAL 3 DIGIT NUMBER?