by Garrick Stubblefield
Hi all, my name is Garrick Stubblefield and I live here in Buchanan. I joined the military right out of school. Recently, I was asked to join The Buchanan Chronicle by sports writer Nik Sanchez. I will be doing an array of, not only puzzles, but I will be doing sports and other articles. My objective is doing puzzles for your entertainment. Bear in mind that these puzzles have come from my head and not from any ol’ newspaper, magazine, or book. I hope you love them and give me feedback as they come out.
PUZZLE 1 – REDUCING A LETTER
- Puzzle Instructions:
- You’ll be given a 3, 4, 5, or 6 letter word.
- The object of the puzzle is to remove one letter each step, making a new word each time.
- After a letter is removed you cannot reuse it.
- Abbreviations do count. As in the English dictionary, there are 2 letter words that count, such as PI, AR, KA, KI, ER; however acronyms do not count.
- You may rearrange the letters each step to create your new word.
- THIS ISSUE Puzzles:
- 6 Letter –
- 5 Letter –
- 4 Letter –
- 3 Letter –
As this puzzle could have many answers, you can email your possible answers to Garrick at email@example.com. He will check and respond as quickly as he can.
PUZZLE 2 – KNOWING YOUR STATES AND CAPITALS
Riddles below are clues to State names and State Capital names.
- These State has some CURRENCY in it.
- This State has many ISLANDS.
- For this Capital, you may pass THIS in a church.
- These two Capitals hold MONETARY value.
PUZZLE 3 – FINDING A WORD WITHIN A WORD
- Search the given word to find a new word for each clue below.
- Parents have at least one _____ in their family.
- Not narrow but ____.
- All objects have at least one ____ to them.
- These animals are found in the ocean.
- Cheese comes in a ______ formation.
PUZZLE 4 – CRACK THE CODE
- Beginning with a given three digit number, you will follow along each step and end with a different three digit number as your answer.
- TAKE THE THIRD DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 4;
- ADD THE FIRST AND SECOND DIGITS, AND MAKE THAT THE FIRST DIGIT;
- TAKE LOWEST ODD NUMBER AND MAKE IT A 2;
- SWITCH THE LAST TWO DIGITS;
- WHAT IS THE FINAL 3 DIGIT NUMBER?