Walton Road Bridge Temporary Closure
Berrien County, MI – November 3, 2021
- WALTON ROAD BRIDGE TEMPORARY CLOSURE
- TOWNSHIP: Buchanan Township
- LOCATION(s): Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River
- CLOSEST CITIES: Buchanan, Niles
- START DATE: Monday, November 8, 2021
- END DATE: Friday, November 19, 2021*
- *Work, contractor and weather dependent
- PROJECT: A contractor will be working to prepare the Walton Road Bridge for future bridge maintenance. Crews will be working to lower stone to the piers below the bridge. For the safety of crews and the traveling public, the bridge will be closed during this activity. Additional bridge work is anticipated to take place during the 2022 construction season.
- Traffic Restrictions: Walton Road Bridge will be closed to all thru traffic over the St Joseph River. Work is anticipated to take approximately 2 weeks to complete.
- DETOUR Route: Walton Road to US-31 to Niles-Buchanan Road.
Please seek alternative routes or utilize the signed detour route until bridge has been reopened to thru traffic.
About Berrien County Road Department: Our mission since 1882 is to maintain a county road system that is safe and convenient for public travel. This mission is carried out by a skilled, hard working staff.