by Garrick Stubblefield
Hi all, my name is Garrick Stubblefield and I live here in Buchanan. I joined the military right out of school. Recently, I was asked to join The Buchanan Chronicle by sports writer Nik Sanchez. I will be doing an array of, not only puzzles, but I will be doing sports and other articles. My objective is doing puzzles for your entertainment. Bear in mind that these puzzles have come from my head and not from any ol’ newspaper, magazine, or book. I hope you love them and give me feedback as they come out.
PUZZLE 1 – REDUCING A LETTER
- Puzzle Instructions:
- You’ll be given a 3, 4, 5, or 6 letter word.
- The object of the puzzle is to remove one letter each step, making a new word each time.
- After a letter is removed you cannot reuse it.
- Abbreviations do count. As in the English dictionary, there are 2 letter words that count, such as PI, AR, KA, KI, ER; however acronyms do not count.
- You may rearrange the letters each step to create your new word.
- THIS ISSUE Puzzles:
- 6 Letter –
- 5 Letter –
- 4 Letter –
- 3 Letter –
As this puzzle could have many answers, you can email your possible answers to Garrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will check and respond as quickly as he can.
PUZZLE 2 – KNOWING YOUR STATES AND CAPITALS
Riddles below are clues to State names and State Capital names.
- This State may have been discovered before Columbus.
- This State may provide a ___ ______ for sports teams.
- This Capital sure isn’t short by far but extremely ___________.
- This Capital shares a famous river in Washington.
PUZZLE 3 – FINDING A WORD WITHIN A WORD
- Search the given word to find a new word for each clue below.
BREAKING MY FALL
- One of the FOUR SEASONS.
- Famous quote, “its ___ or nothing at ___”.
- You apply these to make your car stop.
- This ____ helps support a structure.
PUZZLE 4 – CRACK THE CODE
- Beginning with a given three digit number, you will follow along each step and end with a different three digit number as your answer.
- TAKE THE SECOND DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 4;
- TAKE THE FIRST DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 2;
- TAKE THE THIRD DIGIT AND MAKE IT A 6;
- TAKE ALL THREE DIGITS, ADD THEM, DROP THE 1 AND MAKE THAT THE MIDDLE DIGIT;
- WHAT IS THE FINAL 3 DIGIT NUMBER?