by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor
If you know me and where I write my articles, sometimes some of my writings come from my laptop while I am waiting in my car for my daughter and her friend at school. I actually don’t mind it, as I play some light-hearted music in the background and have a water bottle/coffee/pop (depending on the weather) and maybe a snack too. So, that is where I am today. I have a deadline to get this done today so that our proofreaders have enough time to go over articles. Thank you proofreaders!
Did you know that you can print out any of our articles that you would like to keep as a hard copy and post it on your fridge or put in your family/kid’s scrapbook? Well, you can! Here’s how you can print from your personal computer/laptop. Follow your on screen instructions if you’re printing from your phone or an iPad as those may have different steps.
- Make sure that your computer screen shows the article and that your printer is turned on and connected to your computer. Many printers these days are wireless which is nice unless your internet goes out. If you don’t have a printer, I believe the Buchanan District Library lets you print from their computers for a small fee.
- Be sure that you have plenty of paper and printer ink!
- Then go up into your toolbar at the top of your screen, click “File,” then click on print.
- Normally, in your print settings you can choose a page layout like portrait or landscape. If you choose landscape, it will print out a page laying sideways. With portrait, this is your standard printout letter. And make sure that you pick the “letter 8.5 x11” size. I highly recommend NOT to exit out of the window that you are printing until it is done printing.
- You can click on color or black & white for the printing color. I like color especially when there are photos!
- Then click on PRINT.
- Enjoy your printed article(s) and hang them on your fridge, place on a coffee table/bulletin board, or put in a scrapbook to look back on.
Checkout these upcoming community events. More details about them are in this issue:
- Small Town Big Christmas, Saturday, November 27 downtown Buchanan, MI.
- The Buchanan Area Senior Center has their holiday bazaar on Saturday, December 4.
- Community Christmas Choir on Sunday, December 5 at 6:30pm at Faith United Methodist Church.
Feel free to send us some article suggestions, press releases and any advertising that you may have for your club/organization/business.