by Garrick Stubblefield
Hi all, my name is Garrick Stubblefield and I live here in Buchanan. I joined the military right out of school. Recently, I was asked to join The Buchanan Chronicle by sports writer Nik Sanchez. I will be doing an array of, not only puzzles, but I will be doing sports and other articles. My objective is doing puzzles for your entertainment. Bear in mind that these puzzles have come from my head and not from any ol’ newspaper, magazine, or book. I hope you love them and give me feedback as they come out.
PUZZLE 1 – REDUCING A LETTER
- Puzzle Instructions:
- You’ll be given a 3, 4, 5, or 6 letter word.
- The object of the puzzle is to remove one letter each step, making a new word each time.
- After a letter is removed you cannot reuse it.
- Abbreviations do count. As in the English dictionary, there are 2 letter words that count, such as PI, AR, KA, KI, ER; however acronyms do not count.
- You may rearrange the letters each step to create your new word.
- THIS ISSUE Puzzles:
- 6 Letter –
- 5 Letter –
- 4 Letter –
- 3 Letter –
As this puzzle could have many answers, you can email your possible answers to Garrick at email@example.com. He will check and respond as quickly as he can.
PUZZLE 2 – KNOWING YOUR STATES AND CAPITALS
Riddles below are clues to State names and State Capital names.
- This State may offer you _______ blank to pump a flat tire.
- This State has famous TOAST.
- This Capital has an _______N (if you add an “N” to the end), hint we have one of these type of people in our own town of Buchanan.
- This Capital has its own HANGAR BAY at an airport.
PUZZLE 3 – FINDING A WORD WITHIN A WORD
- Search the given word to find a new word for each clue below.
CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AND DAY
- This CHILD we celebrate each Christmas.
- Not your LEFT but your _____.
- A type of RAINY day.
- David fought THIS type of person.
- THESE insects love picnics.
- A RAINBOW can be a “good luck _____” to some people.
PUZZLE 4 – CRACK THE CODE
- Beginning with a given three digit number, you will follow along each step and end with a different three digit number as your answer.
- CHANGE THE SECOND EVEN NUMBER TO A 1;
- MAKE THE SECOND DIGIT A 5;
- MAKE THE FIRST DIGIT A 3;
- REVERSE THE NUMBER AND THEN FLIP IT OVER;
- WHAT IS THE FINAL 3 DIGIT NUMBER?