Updates for the Year 2022 from Buchanan Area Ministerial Association
Written by Buchanan Christian Church Pastor Nate Babcock & The Buchanan Chronicle Editor, Rebecka Hoyt
The Buchanan Area Ministerial Association (BAMA) held their monthly meeting on the morning of Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at Buchanan Christian Church. Buchanan area pastors get together and discuss upcoming community events for our community to take part in and I am able to attend so I can bring you this information. In addition to what is below, stay tuned as there will be an exciting announcement at a later time.
Those present were Dave Mitchell, Jann Mitchell, Ellen Bierlein, Brandon Smith, Judy Earnst, Dan Barz, Lyndon Azcuna, Father Leo Cartenga, Patti Mitchell, Brendan Shea, Rebecka Hoyt, and Nathan Babcock.
- R.A.M. is open and running again, thanks to a great team of volunteers. Please keep praying for Jan Walters as she continues her recovery.
- Life Plan had a good month of ministry in January. Lyndon also shared about how the new availability of abortion pills (chemical abortion) via mail-order is changing the face of the pro-life battle.
- Good Friday is April 15th. This year our combined Good Friday gathering will be a Stations of the Cross service at St. Anthony at 6:00 pm on the 15th. Also, Dan Barz will be hosting a service at St. Paul commemorating the hour at which Jesus was nailed to the cross: 9:00 am on Friday April 15th. All are invited to this service as well. In the future, you will see more of this day’s events shared on The Buchanan Chronicle Facebook page.
- National Day of Prayer is Thursday, May 5th. More details are to come on when and where this will be held at.
- Baccalaureate will be on Sunday, May 22nd at 2:00 pm. More details are to come on when and where this will be held at.
- Ellen Bierlein announced that she will be retiring from ministry at the end of June of this year. Please be praying for her and Rick, and for the church, as they prepare for and move through this transition. Also, Ellen invited us to participate in the Palm Sunday service which will be at 3:33 pm on April 10th at Faith United Methodist.
*If your church or club would like to highlight your meetings/events, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org