National Day of Prayer was Thursday, May 05, 2022
by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor and Photographer
At the 12:00 hour at the Redbud City Center flag pole is where the National Day of Prayer was held in Buchanan. The weather was cloudy and there was a chance of rain, luckily the rain held off. In case of rain, the group would have crossed the road to First United Methodist Church.
Pastor Ellen Bierlein of First United Methodist Church in Buchanan hosted the event along with a prayer guide. Buchanan Pastors, Buchanan City Police Chief Tim Ganus, and others from Buchanan were part of the group of 11 people who attended and prayed for the nation, state government, Berrien County / Buchanan and the war in Ukraine. The prayer warriors even laid hands on Police Chief Ganus as they prayed for him and the rest of the police officers in Buchanan. In each category, a Bible verse corresponded with it. If you would like to pray what was prayed for on this day, use this list that was provided by Pastor Ellen Bierlein:
- Federal Government (verse: 2 Chronicles 7:14 NRSV)
- Vice President
- Cabinet Members
- Congressional Leaders
- Supreme Court Justices
- State Government (verse: 1 Timothy 2:1-4 NIV)
- Executive Leaders
- Legislative Leaders
- Judicial Leaders
- Berrien County / Buchanan (verse: Philippians 2:3-4)
- Police Chief / Officers
- Fire Chief / Fire Fighters
- County Officials
- Pastors / Churches
- Leaders of Education
- RAM Ministry
- Schools / Education
- Our Youth
- The War in Ukraine (verse: Matthew 6:9-10)
- Safety for Civilians / Military
- For President and Leaders
- Wisdom, Strength, Courage for leaders, military and every decision maker.
- Displaced families and those seeking shelter
- Ukrainians to seek and find the peace and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ during this time.
- Churches and missionaries serving God and the people of Ukraine.
If you do not have a home church, think about attending one of our great churches here in Buchanan. May God lead you in the days, weeks, months and years to come. National Day of Prayer is held annually on the first Thursday of May.