BCRD Walton Road Bridge Closure for Rehabilitation
Berrien County, MI – May 18, 2022
- TOWNSHIP: Buchanan Township
- LOCATION: Walton Road Bridge over the St. Joseph River
- CLOSEST CITIES: Buchanan, Niles
- START DATE: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
- ESTIMATED END DATE: End of August 2022
- PROJECT: A contractor continuing work that started in November of 2021 will be making improvements to the Walton Road Bridge. The bridge rehabilitation related activities will provide continued life and use of the Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River. For the safety of crews and the traveling public, the bridge will be closed during construction. The public is requested to seek alternative routes or utilize the official detour route during construction.
- TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Walton Road Bridge will be closed to all thru traffic over the St Joseph River. Work is anticipated to be completed by the end of August 2022 (weather and work dependent.) Please seek alternative routes or utilize the signed detour route until the bridge has been reopened to traffic.
- DETOUR ROUTE: Walton Road to US-31 to Niles-Buchanan Road.
- CONTACT: Adri Boone – Berrien County Road Department Administrative Assistant
- email@example.com – 269-925-1196 ext. 4410
About Berrien County Road Department: Our mission since 1882 is to maintain a county road system that is safe and convenient for public travel. This mission is carried out by a skilled, hard working staff.
Berrien County Road Department