Summer Pet Safety
Recently I saw a post shared by the Berrien County, MI Facebook Page with some Summer Pet Safety tips I thought I’d pass along to you. Read all about it below:
A quick summer reminder with some tips to help protect your four-legged family members from heat exhaustion:
- Provide fresh water for your pets.
- Provide a cool place for your pet to rest.
- Take a special bottle of water and dish for your dog on log trips or walks in hot weather.
- Provide special attention and temperature control for dogs and cats that have flat faces since they cannot be cooled off as effectively by panting.
- DO NOT’s:
- Don’t let your dog stay on hot asphalt for long.
- Don’t leave pets unsupervised around a pool.
- Don’t shave your dog. Their fur coat provides insulation and protect from sunburns.
- Never leave your pet in the vehicle alone.
- ALSO know the symptoms of Heat Exhaustion:
- Excessive panting
- Increased Heart Rate and Respiratory Rate
- Seizure, Bloody Diarrhea, and/or Vomit
(Read the original post HERE.)