June Events at Buchanan Area Senior Center
Submitted by Diana Smuda, BASC Program Coordinator
COMMUNITY SHREDDING EVENT & BLOOD DRIVE
Saturday, June 18, 9:00 am — Noon
This is a free event, however, your donations are greatly appreciated.
Help Save Lives!
- SHREDDING EVENT:
- The BASC is happy to offer a free Shred-it shredding event to the community, sponsored by our friends at United Federal Credit Union, on Saturday, June 18, from 9:00 am to Noon.
- Gather your information-sensitive paperwork that you no longer need and watch as it is safely destroyed and hauled away for recycling by experts in the field of document shredding.
- Please have your boxes and/or bags of documents in your trunk or in your hatchback.
- United Federal Credit Union is the sponsor of the Community Shredding Event at the Buchanan Area Senior Center.
- This is a free event. Donations are welcomed.
- BLOOD DRIVE:
- The Bloodmobile from South Bend Medical Foundation will be at the BASC.
CONVERSATIONS WITH FRIENDS FT. BUCHANAN MI MAIN STREET
Tuesday, June 14, at 10:30 am
Learn about Michigan Main Street (MMS) and how the program will be assisting Buchanan in revitalizing and preserving our commercial district and community. Ashely Regal, Chamber Executive Director/Main Street Manager and Richard Murphy, Community Development Director, will be at the BASC to share Buchanan’s vision and to answer questions
FRAUD PREVENTION CLASS
Tuesday, June 07 at 10:30 am
United Federal Credit Union will be at the BASC for a Fraud Prevention Class.
Keeping yourself educated will help protect you and your family from fraud. Join Lacy Pollock, Member Service Advisor, United Federal Credit Union, to learn more about common types of fraud that are taking place now, and ways to avoid them.
BHS CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION
Friday, June 7 at 2:00 pm
We, at the BASC, are honored to have a team of coordinators of the BHS Centennial Celebration at the center to share more on the high school history along with the events of BHS Celebration, including a tour of the high school on Saturday, June 11, at 1:00 pm on the BHS Memorial Field.
(Check out our article about the event HERE.)
Thank you for supporting the Buchanan Area Senior Center!
Read the full BASC Newsletter for June 2022 HERE.
About Buchanan Area Senior Center: Buchanan Area Senior Center provides a complete facility, a friendly and efficient staff, and active volunteers that enhance the quality of life of seniors in our community. We offer programs and services designed to promote physical, social, and mental well-being, including exercise, recreation, and crafts, as well as Senior Nutrition Services, food commodities, and a Senior Community Garden.