2021-2022 End of School Year
by Patricia L. Robinson, BCS Superintendent
Dear Buck Families,
Another school year has come to an end, and we appreciate the patience and support you provided us. We were able to address areas of growth and celebrate areas of progress. Our students ended the year with more knowledge and confidence as they continue to grow to be responsible, resilient, and creative citizens capable of succeeding in a global society.
In addition to helping students academically, we were able to restructure our business office, provide a plethora of professional learning opportunities for staff, and redesign and launch our new and improved website. We have much to do in maintaining and renovating our facilities in order to retain and recruit staff and students to our district.
Here are some highlights:
- Launched updated website
- We continue to show increases in our NWEA data K-8 and SAT ELA data
- Updated our calendar based on input
- Updated classroom audio at high school and middle school
- Expanded 1:1 Chromebooks to all K-12 students
- Exploring a referendum as a means to update our aging schools
- Provided 473 breakfasts and 1,031 lunches daily
- Empty Bowls raised almost $5,000 to donate to RAM
- Welcomed over 150 guest readers at Ottawa Elementary School
- Partnered with Buchanan Library to provide tutoring for students at Moccasin Elementary
- Buchanan Middle School continued its spirit of service by donating socks, hats, and gloves to RAM, participating in Rake a Difference Day, and the students made a substantial donation to the Devos Children’s Hospital
- Celebrated the 100th year of Buchanan High School
- Buchanan Robotics took 2nd place at the St. Joseph competition
- Middle school and High school placed 3rd in the county for Science Olympiad
- Buchanan Esports finished with a perfect record
- High School Fall, Winter, and Spring sports which lead to post-season games and district, regional, and state participation (Go, Bucks!)
- Celebrated Title IX- Women in Sports
- Hosted home cross country and track meets
I am excited about our accomplishments and anticipate many more in the upcoming year.
As always thank you for your support. Go Bucks, and enjoy your summer!