BCRD CSX Railroad Crossing Schedule Updates for Sawyer Road and Three Oaks Road
Berrien County, MI – June 08, 2022
Construction and closure start dates have changed for Sawyer Road and Three Oaks Road.
- TOWNSHIP: Chikaming Township
- Lakeside Road CSX Railroad Crossing (Repairs completed and reopened)
- Three Oaks Road CSX Railroad Crossing (Revised Start Date: Monday, June 27, 2022)
- Sawyer Road CSX Railroad Crossing (Revised Start Date: Monday, June 20, 2022)
- CLOSEST CITIES: Three Oaks, Sawyer, New Buffalo
- START DATE: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 for Lakeside Road Railroad Closure
- ESTIMATED END DATE: Early July 2022
- PROJECT: CSX will be closing railroad crossing(s) to allow for maintenance work to take place on the railroad crossing and railroad tracks.
- SAFETY BENEFITS: The repairs contracted by CSX will improve safety and ride quality for motorists using the railroad crossing locations.
- TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS: Indicated road location(s) will be completely closed to thru traffic at the railroad crossing. Traffic will not be permitted through once the closure begins. Railroad crossings and road closures will take place one at a time. Please seek alternative routes or use the established detour route until work is completed. Further details regarding timing are as follows:
- Lakeside Road crossing closure repairs have been completed and has reopened to thru traffic.
- Sawyer Road crossing closure is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 20, 2022.
- Closure to begin after Three Oaks Road has been completed and reopened.
- Duration of Sawyer Road closure is anticipated to last 6-7 days. Duration of closure is weather and work permitting.
- Detour Route: Flynn Road to Harbert Road to Three Oaks Road to Sawyer Road.
- Three Oaks Road closure is scheduled to begin on Monday, June 27, 2022.
- Closure to begin after Lakeside Road has been completed and reopened.
- Duration of Three Oaks Road closure is anticipated to last 6-7 days. Duration of closure is weather and work permitting.
- Detour Route: Old M-11 to Red Arrow Highway to Harbert Road to Three Oaks Road.
- CONTACT: Adri Boone – Berrien County Road Department Administrative Assistant
- firstname.lastname@example.org – 269-925-1196 ext. 4410
Full Two Page PDF with Location Map HERE
About Berrien County Road Department: Our mission since 1882 is to maintain a county road system that is safe and convenient for public travel. This mission is carried out by a skilled, hard working staff.
Berrien County Road Department