BCRD : Walton Road Bridge Closure Resumes
Berrien County, MI – July 20, 2022
- TOWNSHIP: Buchanan Township
- LOCATION: Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River
- CLOSEST CITIES: Buchanan, Niles
- BRIDGE CLOSURE RESUMES: Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- (schedule is weather and contractor dependent)*
- PROJECT END DATE: Mid-September 2022
- PROJECT: Walton Road Bridge 2022 rehabilitation project will continue with bridge deck maintenance. The bridge rehabilitation related activities will provide continued life and use of the Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River. For the safety of crews and the traveling public, the bridge will be closed for construction. The public is requested to seek alternative routes or utilize the official detour route during road closure/construction.
- Traffic Restrictions: Walton Road Bridge will resume being closed to all thru traffic over the St Joseph River on Wednesday, July 27, 2022. Work is anticipated to be completed by the mid-September 2022 (weather and work dependent).
- Detour Route During Closure: Walton Road to US-31 to Niles-Buchanan Road.
- Please seek alternative routes or utilize the signed detour route until the bridge has been reopened to traffic.
- CONTACT: Adri Boone – Berrien County Road Department Administrative Assistant
- email@example.com – 269-925-1196 ext. 4410
About Berrien County Road Department: Our mission since 1882 is to maintain a county road system that is safe and convenient for public travel. This mission is carried out by a skilled, hard working staff.
Berrien County Road Department