by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor
Can this summer go any quicker? My how the days have gone by. I am composing this note from my backyard in the shade on this very low humidity day and a gentle breeze. It’s perfect – blue skies, sun, some clouds here and there as the temperature is 80 according to meteorologist Matt Rudkin’s weather app. I hope that you have enjoyed the cooler summer temps. Hopefully the cooler weather won’t settle in too quickly this fall.
As you enjoy the last couple of weeks this month there are some events that you can participate in:
- Summer Concert Series at the Common: Aug. 20 Best of Acorn Open Mic Night; Aug. 27 Midnight North from 7-9pm.
- Saturdays at the Common through the fist Saturday in October: Buchanan Farmers’ Market from 8am – 1pm.
- Sunday, August 28: Faith and Family Day at the Common from 4 – 6pm with a backpack/school supplies handout (see the advertisement for more info), snacks, bounce houses, and some Christian concerts.
- Monday, August 29: First day of School for Buchanan! Be watchful and slow down your speed as students are making their way to and from school. Red lights flashing on a bus means STOP!
- Wednesday, August 31: One Book One Buchanan Community-Wide Discussion of the book High Conflict: Why We Get Trapped and How We Get Out by Amanda Ripley at the Common 6pm with the Buchanan District Library.
Even though some say that summer is over, it’s not technically over until September 22. So you still have over a month left to enjoy summer. Make the best of it and don’t forget to catch up on the latest Buchanan happenings by subscribing to our email issue notification here .