by Garrick Stubblefield
Hello everyone that is viewing this page. I started doing puzzles for about 6-7 months in The Buchanan Chronicle. I had to take a little break due to family issues but I’m back to entertain you with my puzzles again. Just remember that all these puzzles came from my head.
By the way if you’re interested in getting some books of puzzles to pass around for any occasion, feel free to give me a call any day out of the week. My number is 269-259-0547 (before 1:30pm). I’m selling my puzzle books as follows: 1 for $1.50, 3 for $4.00, 6 for $7.50, 12 for $10. A portion will go to the following 3 distributions: 40% will go to The Buchanan Chronicle, 40% will go to veterans of our local Buchanan community, and 20% to offset the supplies. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them. When I have yours done then I will meet you somewhere for delivery. Just be sure to call me and leave your name and phone number.
Thank you again for enjoying the puzzles and I will try my best to continue to make them.
PUZZLE 1 – REDUCING THE WORD
- Puzzle Instructions:
- You’ll be given a 3, 4, 5, or 6 letter word.
- The object of the puzzle is to remove one letter each step, making a new word each time.
- After a letter is removed you cannot reuse it.
- Abbreviations do count. As in the English dictionary, there are 2 letter words that count, such as PI, AR, KA, KI, ER; however acronyms do not count.
- You may rearrange the letters each step to create your new word.
- THIS ISSUE Puzzles:
- 6 Letter –
- 5 Letter –
- 4 Letter –
- 3 Letter –
As this puzzle could have many answers, you can email your possible answers to Garrick at email@example.com. He will check and respond as quickly as he can.
PUZZLE 2 – KNOWING YOUR STATES AND CAPITALS
Riddles below are clues to State or Capital names.
- This State is surrounded by WATER.
- This Capital was named after our First Explorer.
PUZZLE 3 – CRACK THE CODE
- Beginning with a given three digit number, you will follow along each step and end with a different three digit number as your answer.
- CHANGE THE 3 TO A 7;
- CHANGE THE 5 TO A 0;
- CHANGE THE SECOND 7 TO A 4;
- THE NEW 2 DIGIT CODE IS: THE MONTH AND DAY WE CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY.
PUZZLE 4 – WORDS IN A QUOTE
- Find eight (8) 4-letter words by rearranging the letters in the quote.
- DON’T TURN AROUND
PUZZLE 5 – WORD WITHIN A QUOTE WITH CLUES
- COME A LITTLE CLOSER
- A store may be OPEN or it may _____ for the day.
- The opposite of BIG: ______.
- CRAYONS come in all sorts of ______.
- There is an ANIMAL in this phrase: _____.
- Not TIGHTER but ______.
PUZZLE 6 – BOXGRAM
- Fill the shaded boxes to complete all the answers that go with the clue.
- Clue: BACK TO SCHOOL ITEMS
- We’ve given you one item to start and the beginning letters of the rest.
- Clue: BACK TO SCHOOL ITEMS