BCRD : Walton Road Bridge Closure Continues
Berrien County, MI – October 21, 2022
BRIDGE WILL REOPEN AFTER WORK IS COMPLETED
- TOWNSHIP: Buchanan Township
- LOCATION: Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River
- CLOSEST CITIES: Buchanan, Niles
- PROJECT END DATE: End of October 2022
- PROJECT: Walton Road Bridge 2022 rehabilitation project will continue with bridge deck maintenance. The bridge rehabilitation related activities will provide continued life and use of the Walton Road Bridge over the St Joseph River. For the safety of crews and the traveling public, the bridge will be closed for construction. The public is requested to seek alternative routes or utilize the official detour route during road closure/construction.
- Traffic Restrictions: Walton Road Bridge is closed to all thru traffic over the St Joseph River. Work is anticipated to be completed by the end of October 2022 (weather and work dependent.)
- Detour Route During Closure: Walton Road to US-31 to Niles-Buchanan Road.
- Please seek alternative routes or utilize the signed detour route until the bridge has been reopened to traffic.
- CONTACT: Adri Boone – Berrien County Road Department Administrative Assistant
- firstname.lastname@example.org – 269-925-1196 ext. 4410
About Berrien County Road Department: Our mission since 1882 is to maintain a county road system that is safe and convenient for public travel. This mission is carried out by a skilled, hard working staff.
Berrien County Road Department