by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor & Photographer
The 17th Annual TREK-OR TREAT will be Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 12:30pm-2pm! Thanks to Friends of McCoy’s Creek Trail for putting on this Halloween tradition. 🍭🎃
Join us in the E.B. Clark woods at the McCoy Creek Trail for some fun daytime trick or treating with costumed characters and plenty of candy! Trek-or-Treat is perfect for kids of all ages.
Trek-or-Treat is funded by donations and always needs candy! Unopened candy donations can be made at Buchanan City Hall, River St. Joe, Redbud Insurance, Buchanan Senior Center and Redbud Fitness.
- Who: Friends of McCoy’s Creek
- What: Trek-or-Treat 2022
- When: Saturday, October 29, 2022 at 12:30-2pm
- E.B. Clark Woods Trailhead of McCoy Creek Trail
- 209 Schirmer Pkwy, Buchanan MI 49107
- Candy Donation Details:
- Please support McCoy’s Creek Trail with their annual Trek-or-Treat by donating candy!!
- Candy Donation drop-off locations are: City Hall, River St. Joe, Redbud Insurance, Senior Center, and Redbud Fitness!
- Candy donations will be picked up on October 28th at Noon!
Buchanan Trick-or-Treat 2022
Trick or Treating is Monday, October 31st from 6-8pm. The police department will be checking candy as well at the fire station.
- Who: City of Buchanan Residents
- What: Trick-or-Treat 2022
- When: Monday, October 31, 2022 from 6-8pm
- Where: throughout the City of Buchanan, visit participating houses and businesses in costume.
About Friends of McCoy’s Creek Trail: The Friends of McCoy’s Creek Trail was established by Resolution of the City of Buchanan in April 2004 as a subcommittee of the Buchanan Area Recreation Board. Friends of McCoy’s Creek Trail have gathered in unity to develop and pursue a trail through the City of Buchanan. They have developed pathways through E. B. Clark Woods on the south side of McCoy Creek and have continued the trail to downtown Buchanan along the Creek. They host events such as a 5k Extreme held in August and Trek-or-Treat for Halloween. Public can walk, run or just enjoy a stroll through the woods.
Friends of McCoy Creek Trail Facebook Here.
Friends of McCoy Creek Trail Website Here.
2020 Reader’s Digest Nicest City in America – Buchanan, MI!
About The City of Buchanan: The City operates under the Commission–Manager form of government as prescribed by the City Charter. Under this model the City Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the City, with the Buchanan City Commission’s main function being legislative and setting important policies that chart the future course of Buchanan. The City Commission is made up of five (5) members who serve four (4) year terms. The Mayor and Mayor Pro-Tem are selected at the first meeting in November following the City election. Current City Manager: Heather Grace ~ Current Mayor: Sean Denison.
- Typical Hours at City Hall:
- Monday – Thursday : 9am-4pm
- Friday : 9am-1pm