BASC Tax-Aide Program Recruiting Volunteers
Submitted by Adam Burck, BASC Program Coordinator
We are looking for compassionate and friendly people to join our team of AARP Tax-Aid volunteers for the upcoming tax season. Tax-Aide is a free program that makes it easier for older taxpayers to file their tax returns. Neighbors like you help prepare tax returns or serve in other ways, like organizing client paperwork, managing computer equipment, acting as interpreters, or making sure everything runs smoothly. There’s a role for everyone. Our volunteers come from a variety of industries and span from retirees to college students.
We’ll provide the training and support to help you learn new skills, and you’ll get a great feeling from helping those in need. Our elders love coming to the Buchanan Area Senior Center to socialize and to take part in the many programs and services, and they rely on the annual AARP Tax-Aide Program to help them file their taxes correctly and efficiently. The AARP Tax-Aide Preparation Training is January 9 – 13, 2023. Call the BASC today to sign-up at 269-695-7119 or email email@example.com.
- Volunteers fill a variety of roles:
- Counselors work with taxpayers directly by filling out tax returns. If you have no previous experience, you’ll get the training you need and will also receive IR5 certification.
- Client Facilitators welcome taxpayers, help organize their paperwork, and manage the overall flow of service.
- Technology Coordinators manage computer equipment, ensure taxpayer data is secure, and provide technical assistance to volunteers.
- Leadership and Administrative volunteers make sure program operations run smoothly, manage volunteers, and maintain quality control.
- Communications Coordinators promote the program to prospective volunteers and taxpayers.
- Speak a second language? We have a big demand for bilingual speakers in all roles, especially dedicated interpreters who can assist other volunteers.
The Buchanan Area Senior Center is also pleased to announce the launch of their new website and logo. Information on all of our programs and services is available at http://www.thebasc.org. We invite you to explore the website and learn more about all that we offer older persons 60 and over.
About Buchanan Area Senior Center: Buchanan Area Senior Center provides a complete facility, a friendly and efficient staff, and active volunteers that enhance the quality of life of seniors in our community. We offer programs and services designed to promote physical, social, and mental well-being, including exercise, recreation, and crafts, as well as Senior Nutrition Services, food commodities, and a Senior Community Garden.