January Events at Buchanan Area Senior Center
Submitted by Diana Smuda, BASC Program Coordinator
HEALTHIER COOKING AND MEAL PLANNING WITH CHEF GWEN MOTTL
Thursday, January 19 ~ 1-3pm
Senior cooking classes designed to assist in healthier cooking and eating habits. The class will also include segments in learning to cook in smaller portions for those whose nest has become smaller, as well as meal planning and prep, which will provide you with convenient, make-ahead meal ideas. This is an interactive class, where all will be invited to participate! There will be featured recipe(s) for each class, and all will learn how to make the dish, as well as taste it! Plans for upcoming classes will give you the opportunity to invite a family member to possibly learn and also help with meal planning and prep, as well as classes that allow you to cook with a grand or even a great-grand!
Food is fun, cooking is fun. It’s even better when you can do it with someone you love! Let’s Get Cooking!!
- Registration is required. Please call 695-7119 to reserve your space.
- Fee is $15/person or $25/2 people (Bring a friend and save money! 55+ years of age)
- Fee is due by January 12.
- If the BASC is closed due to weather on the 19th, the rescheduled date is January 26.
PHYSICAL THERAPY BENEFITS
Wednesday, January 18 ~ 11:15am-12pm
Becky Roush is a licensed Physical Therapist, with 32 years of experience. She provides direct care as well as consultations for patients that do not respond well to more traditional physical therapy.
Her passion is using her skills to change lives. Whether someone is a pro athlete or a great-grandmother, the same principle applies to us all. We all want to focus on the things that matter. We all want our bodies to move with greater ease. Having to worry about the basics of movement robs us of joy.
Becky will be dropping by each fitness class for the first 3-5 minutes the week of January 9 offering you a little tidbit about health and movement with a more complete workshop on January 18.
Let’s start this new year off right.
Please call 695-7119 to reserve your space.
FITNESS AT THE BASC
Fitness classes available at the BASC:
- CHAIR FITNESS WITH LINDA: Mondays at 10:00 am
- DANCING TO THE OLDIES WITH CeCe: Mondays at 11:00 am
- QIGONG: Mondays at 2:00 pm via DVD—Assisted by Marge
- OSTEO FIT WITH MISSY: Tuesdays at 9:00 am
- CHAIR FITNESS WITH CeCe: Wednesdays at 10:15 am
- CHAIR YOGA WITH ULRIKE: Thursdays at 11:00 am
- POWERBEATS WITH MISSY: Fridays at 9:00 am
- CHAIR FITNESS WITH LIZZ: Fridays at 10:00 am
- FITNESS ROOM: Is open all hours BASC is open.
JOIN OUR DOLLAR CLUB
Be part of the BASC Dollar Club!
Donate $1 per week to help with our programs, annual appeal, and special events. A dollar a week goes toward in making the BASC a fun and educational place to visit.
You can pay weekly, monthly, or once a year. It is easy! Thank you!
Thank you for supporting the Buchanan Area Senior Center!
Read the full BASC Newsletter for January 2023 HERE.
About Buchanan Area Senior Center: Buchanan Area Senior Center provides a complete facility, a friendly and efficient staff, and active volunteers that enhance the quality of life of seniors in our community. We offer programs and services designed to promote physical, social, and mental well-being, including exercise, recreation, and crafts, as well as Senior Nutrition Services, food commodities, and a Senior Community Garden.