January BAMA Monthly Meeting Recap
Submitted by Pastor Nate Babcock, Buchanan Christian Church
BAMA Meeting held Tuesday, January 10, 2023 9:00AM at Buchanan Christian Church. We had a good meeting this morning at BCC. Those present were: Kevin Haislip, Rebecka Hoyt, Lyndon Azcuna, Dave Mitchell, Jann Mitchell, Brendan Shea, Tim Douglass, Bill Walters, and Nate Babcock.
- RAM (update provided by Bill Walters). RAM’s Christmas distribution went well. Executive committee chairperson Darlene Clevenger resigned from the position, so RAM is looking for a new chair.
- LifePlan (update provided by Lyndon Azcuna): January is Sanctity of Life Month. Frigid Five K is this coming Saturday at 9:00 am. Babycakes is this coming Saturday from 2:00 to 3:30 pm at the Rage in Niles. Life Plan Community Prayer Gathering will be Sunday January 22 at 6:00 pm at Summit Church in Niles.
- Salvation Army (update provided by Tim Douglass). God provided for the Salvation Army during the bell-ringing season in some unexpected ways, so that needed funds were received! Thanks be to God!
- Life Plan is bringing a True Charity foundations seminar to our community on February 24th. True Charity is an organization which equips those working with the poor to implement the principles of the book When Helping Hurts. Very generously, Life Plan is offering to pay the cost of registration for this conference for BAMA members who would like to attend. This is a $30.00 per-person gift from Life Plan! For more information, please see the email from Lyndon Azcuna which I will forward to everyone.
- Soul Shop for Leaders seminar in suicide prevention is Tuesday January 24th from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm at Buchanan Christian Church. If you would like to attend, please use the information I have provided in previous emails to register. If you have questions, please contact me.
- Brendan Shea announced that Buchanan Nazarene Church will be doing an outreach called “I Love My City” on May 7th. On this day the members of Buchanan Nazarene will be going out to serve the Buchanan community in various ways. Brendan welcomes the participation of other BAMA churches in this great effort, and so if you have questions, please contact him.
- Nate will be meeting with Mrs. Beasley, principal of Buchanan Middle School, tomorrow about re-starting the Middle School Mentoring Program. More information will be made available soon so that members of your churches who would like to participate can get involved.
- Upcoming BAMA events: Good Friday, National Day of Prayer, and the Baccalaureate service.
- Tuesday, February 7th at 9:00 am at Buchanan First United Methodist.
- Please pray for Pastor Ed Slate of Faith United Methodist Church. Pastor Ed is recovering from a stroke. Please also pray for Tim Douglass’s son Josh, who is having surgery to remove a tumor on Thursday, January 12th.
Many blessings to all!
*If your church or club would like to highlight your meetings/events, please email us at: email@example.com
About Buchanan Area Ministerial Association: This group is made of different churches in Buchanan. Their page is a great way to stay up to date on different events BAMA is hosting, but more importantly it is a great way to see how God is moving in Buchanan.