Random Acts of Kindness Day Will Be February 17
Coming up in a couple of weeks, Friday, February 17, 2023 is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. My human Editor, Rebecka Hoyt, of this newspaper has told me some ideas that I should put in this list of “Random Acts of Kindness.” So, take a look over it, think about it, and then pick one, two or more to do on Random Acts of Kindness Day! After you completed it on that day, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the comments on the Facebook article post of the action you did and how it went.
Ideas of Random Acts of Kindness:
- Give someone a flower.
- Pay it forward at a drive-thru.
- Put an encouraging note on a sack lunch.
- Shovel your neighbor’s driveway/sidewalk (if you have snow where you live).
- Bring your neighbor’s garbage can back to their house.
- Put a sticky note of encouragement on the bathroom mirror.
- Give a gift to your mail carrier/delivery person.
- Tip your waiter/waitress a little bit more.
- Send a Thinking of You Card to someone you haven’t seen/talked to in a long time.
- Send city officials, school administrators an encouragement note, flower/candy delivery.
- Share an advertisement for free.
- Order a takeout meal for first responders.
- Donate to a favorite charity/group/business or to one you haven’t donated to before.
- Donate feminine products, laundry soap – non food items to your local food pantry or shelter(s).
- Donate toys to daycares, clubs, etc….check with those businesses first before taking them.
- Make a dessert for dinner if you normally don’t have dessert.
- Make bread/cookies on a plate for your neighbor, friends, or grandparents.
- Make dinner or a meal for someone else.
- Send/give your pastor, teacher, doctor, boss, coworker a thank you note.
- Take a friend, sibling, cousin, aunt, uncle, grandparent out for lunch or coffee.
- Cleanup the McCoy Creek Trail or pick-up trash.
- Paying someone a compliment.
- Holding/opening up a door for someone.
- Give someone a hug.
- Shop at a business you haven’t been to before.
- Player(s) on a team write a thank you note to their coach.
- Say “Hi” to someone you might not normally say hi to.
- Salute or say Thank You to vets who have symbols of military service.
- Pray with or for someone.
I hope that there is something on here for everyone! If not, you can visit The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website to see how you can spread more kindness! Be kind citizens of Buchanan, and to all of the other places in the world. Not just one day out of the year, but everyday!