March BAMA Monthly Meeting Recap
Submitted by Rachel Holloway
Thank you to Jan and Dave for hosting us! It was a fabulous morning!
Those in attendance were Brendan Shea, Dan Barz, Jan and Dave Mitchell, Lyndon, Kevin Haislip, Bill Walters, Patti Mitchell and Rebecka Hoyt.
Dave started with devotion and prayer.
- Dan reported that we still have to cut checks to RAM and Life Plan. He talked about writing one to RAM that Tuesday and Life Plan when he was going to be in Niles this coming Tuesday. We also have $1982.45 in the account. Dan asked what we should possibly do with it since we only have usually $200 in our account. Lyndon suggested possibly using some money and possibly investing it back to ourselves to sharpen our own “wealth of knowledge”. Whether that’s reading some sort of book together or attending a conference together. He said we can always learn and that change is ok.
- Bill reported for RAM. In the month of February they gave away 22,000 lbs of food and assisted with $23,000 in utilities. But only $9,000 came in for the month. He reported that the art program was cut. The one person who ran it retired and they are looking to maybe partner with the Art Center. He also reported that they have been relooking at their mission statement and getting back to what it really means.
- Lyndon reported for Life Plan. He reported 78 in attendance for the True Charity event. A few people reflected on it. He also reported that they now have a South Bend location on Mishawaka Ave just a few blocks from Adam’s High School! God is so good!
- Dan reported that his church will be doing a short 9a service and their regular 7p service on Good Friday. The combined service will be on April 7th at 6p at the Nazarene Church. There was talk about another email coming out to see who may be interested in helping.
- Rachel reported that the vote at FUMC went 34-3-3 in favor of splitting from the UMC denomination. LOTS more ahead of us as we still do not have a replacement pastor yet.
- National Day of Prayer is May 4th at Noon. I still don’t think there is anyone to lead and there were so many suggested ideas of where to have it that we didn’t decide where to have it.
- Baccalaureate is Sunday May 21st at 2p at Bills church. Dave reported he’s trying to get Bud Holmes to talk to the seniors.
- We also know it’s a ways off but Dan suggested that we have the next Christmas Carol Sing at BCC not knowing what the future holds for FUMC.
Lyndon had the closing prayer.
- Tuesday, April 4th at 9:00 am at the Lutheran Church.
*If your church or club would like to highlight your meetings/events, please email us at: email@example.com
About Buchanan Area Ministerial Association: This group is made of different churches in Buchanan. Their page is a great way to stay up to date on different events BAMA is hosting, but more importantly it is a great way to see how God is moving in Buchanan.