Buchanan School Farm’s 26th Annual Plow Day and Pancake Breakfast
Come One, Come All, to the 26th Annual Old Fashioned Plow Day & Pancake Breakfast at Buchanan School Farm, Saturday, April 22, 2023!
This year’s theme for Plow Day is “There’s Something for Everyone!” With so many events and activities planned, everyone can find something of interest to them out at the farm on Plow Day! Each year has a different mix of various vendors, events, happenings, and guests, depending on who/what is available. Some years have had horses and some haven’t (this year there won’t be horses), but every year has always had Plows and Tractors to see and experience, who come from up to a 150 mile radius.
Highlights this year are certain to be the woodworking activities, Megahurtz robotics team will have a robot to show off, a carving demonstration, hay rides, 4H landmarks walking tours, forgers and steam engines, Pedal Pullers (open signup at 10am, pull starts at 11am), and the antique Quilt Memorial for Audrey Hayden from the Hayden family.
As 1 of only 5 school farms in the State of Michigan, Buchanan is extra fortunate to have such a gem that helps connect our kids to the land. The farm turns 51 this year and Plow Day celebrates its 26th year! Buchanan’s School Farm Advisory Council plans and runs Plow Day each year and it is a self-funded event (paid for with the crops produced on the farm), also they couldn’t do it without their 25 High School volunteers. No rain date so dress for whatever weather and come on out, see you there on Saturday, April 22, 2023!
- Who: Buchanan Community School Farm
- What: 26th Annual Plow Day & Pancake Breakfast
- When: Saturday, April 22, 2023
- Where: Buchanan School Farm
- 3588 Andrews Road, Buchanan MI 49107
- Pancake Breakfast – available from 8:00 a.m. – 11 a.m. (In the Barn)
- ANTIQUE TRACTORS and PLOWING – Come see these amazing early tractors in action! (For plowing info contact Melissa Frost at 269-695-8435)
- Plowing from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Lunch available from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (In the Sugar “Snack” Shack)
- Tour Historic Gardner School & Stroll our Tree Plantation & Prairie
- Modern Farm Equipment Display – provided by Masten Farms
- Antique Quilt Donation – from the Hayden family
- And Much More…
- Galien Chanters 4-H Club
- Fishing Tackle – with Al Whitfield
- Ice Cream Making – with Scott Marsh
- Sustainable Farming – by Verdant Hollow
- Hay Rides – with Andrew Ott
- Buchanan Scarecrow Charities
- Children’s Hands-On Wood Working – with Davison Sawmill
- Fort St. Joseph Archeology Group – with WMU Students
- Robot/Drone Demonstration – with MegaHurtz Robotics – Team 5056
- Wood Carving Demonstration – with Weldy’s Sales
- Buchanan District Library
- Plow Day 2023 Generously Supported by:
- Buchanan Community Schools
- Buchanan School Farm Board
- Plow Day Volunteers
- Masten Farms
- Friends of The School Farm
- Davidson Sawmill
- Honor Credit Union
- Stanz Food Service
- Country Heritage Credit Union.
Buchanan School Farm