Mayor’s Memo – Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! by Mayor Sean Denison Buchanan has a lot to be thankful for this new year. The McCoy Creek Trail extension project will get underway now that the city has been awarded a grant from Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund. The nearly $900,000 project will require no funds from the taxpayers, thanks toContinue reading “Mayor’s Memo – Happy New Year!”

Past Event – Listing Leaders Annual Holiday Cookies & Cocoa

Listing Leaders Annual Holiday Event – Cookies & Cocoa with Santa 2022 Write-Up and Photos submitted by Lauren Capron of Listing Leaders At Listing Leaders Michigan, our favorite annual tradition is our Cookies & Cocoa with Santa event. We have been hosting this event since 2018 and love to see some of the same familiesContinue reading “Past Event – Listing Leaders Annual Holiday Cookies & Cocoa”

Puzzler Page – Issue 43

Puzzler Page – Issue 43 by Garrick Stubblefield Hello everyone that is viewing this page. I started doing puzzles a while back in The Buchanan Chronicle. Just remember that all these puzzles came from my head. By the way if you’re interested in getting some books of puzzles to pass around for any occasion, feelContinue reading “Puzzler Page – Issue 43”

Now That’s Funny! with Garrick – Issue 43

Unfavorable Weather by Garrick Stubblefield As all you know over the Christmas holiday we got hammered with some nasty weather. I was driving and doing my business when all of a sudden this truck in front of me wanted to show off a little too much and I pretty much got the last laugh. TheContinue reading “Now That’s Funny! with Garrick – Issue 43”

Local Business – LIGHTS at Fernwood

LIGHTS at Fernwood Returns for 2022 by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor & Photographer and Jen Garry, Publisher A year-long project is now on display known as “Lights at Fernwood” at Fernwood Botanical Garden on 13988 Range Line Rd., Niles, MI 49120. So bundle up and take a nice stroll with your family, friends, a date night,Continue reading “Local Business – LIGHTS at Fernwood”

Local Business – 370pc Winter Village at Redbud Insurance

Amazing 370-Piece Winter Village at Redbud Insurance by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor & Photographer Head into Alice Kring’s office at Redbud Insurance and you will be taken back to the mid – late 1800’s of an England Winter Village Wonderland that consists of 123 houses and approximately 245 accessories. Alice welcomes everyone into her office evenContinue reading “Local Business – 370pc Winter Village at Redbud Insurance”

Past Event – Shop With A Cop 2022

Big Hearts at Shop With A Cop 2022 by Rebecka Hoyt, Editor & Photographer On a cold, and early Saturday, December 3 2022, kids from Buchanan were paired up with local Buchanan City Police Officers, Firefighters from Buchanan City, Township and Bertrand Fire Departments, along with Buchanan City Mayor Sean Denison, City of Buchanan workersContinue reading “Past Event – Shop With A Cop 2022”

Past Event – A Not-So-Silent Night 2022 at BDL

A Not-So-Silent Night 2022 Annual Holiday Event at Buchanan District Library On behalf of the Buchanan District Library, we would like to extend to you a sincere thank you for your participation in our 2022 Not-so-Silent Night at the Library! Whether you were a bidder in our online silent auction or a guest at the event,Continue reading “Past Event – A Not-So-Silent Night 2022 at BDL”

Past Event – BASC Holiday Party

BASC Holiday Party 2022 by Garrick Stubblefield On December 13, 2022 I was invited to the holiday party at by the Buchanan Area Senior Center. Even though I am not at that age myself yet, I’m a volunteer for them by transporting seniors to their doctor appointments. This has been a great addition to my things IContinue reading “Past Event – BASC Holiday Party”

Community Press Release – BCSO 2022 Holiday

Berrien County Sheriff’s Office 2022 Holiday – Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over Berrien County, MI – December 13, 2022 As the busy holiday season begins, a reminder to drivers to “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over”Berrien County, Michigan During the Christmas and New Year’s holiday, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic SafetyContinue reading “Community Press Release – BCSO 2022 Holiday”